What are the uses you can give to a microwave? The answer to that question would surprise you, because with this popular appliance you can do much more than you think when preparing your meals. In this list you will find 10 ingenious tips for cooking microwaves.
- Cooking vegetables steamed in a container with water is ideal when you have little time, since your vegetables will be cooked in a few minutes thanks to the steam generated by the heat. You just have to choose, cut and put your vegetables for 5 to 10 minutes, and that’s it.
- If you want to prepare a liquid sauce for your desserts , use honey, peanut butter, Nutella or manjar. For this put them in the microwave for 10 to 30 seconds with a tablespoon of water and get a texture similar to a syrup. This technique is ideal for when these foods crystallize.
- The cooking improves when your food is distributed in a thin layer on the container in which they are. In this way they are cooked or heated more evenly.
- To clean the appliance do not use chemicals such as chlorine, grease remover or dishwashers. Prefer the vinegar: ½ cup dissolved in 1 cup of water and heated inside a container without a lid for 5 minutes will eliminate bacteria growing on the walls.
- Choose to use pots and round containers when heating or reheating your food, as straight edges usually receive more energy making the food hot only in the corners and not in the center.
- If you are one of those who store salt and sugar in glass or ceramic containers, probably every so often notes that harden making it impossible to remove them. To solve this, put a damp absorbent paper towel inside and heat it for 20 seconds, then remove it and you will see that it has become soft again.
- Can not find the pan ? No matter. You can also prepare some delicious eggs . If you want them poached, look for a container, pour water halfway, break the egg inside and cover with a plate, cooking for 60 seconds. If you like the traditional style (fried), preheat a dish, add butter, put the egg with the yolk upwards and cook for 45 seconds.
- If you are going to reheat a meal with dry ingredients (cheese, bacon, masses, rice, etc.), put a glass or cup of water next to the dish to prevent them from drying out. The steam will keep them soft and moist, without the pasty texture that usually remains when cooking microwaves.
- Cooking bacon in a microwave is very easy. Unlike if you did it in a pan or pot, with this appliance you will not need to use oil. Put it on a round container (like cereal) so they are circular and heat it in the microwave 60 seconds per side.
- Not all foods can be microwaved. Look before labeling and avoid cooking red meat, chicken, pork or any type of food that has been exposed to bacteria. In that case, you prefer to use an electric oven. Instead you can use best electric grills to cook your meat. Click here to see the review of electric grills on iknowthebest.com.
Have you already taken note? With these tips you are ready to make the best preparations in a matter of minutes thanks to this practical appliance.
Stay tuned with us for more kitchen tips and updates.